.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

 

Nobody gets to be wrong

It's hard to overemphasize the numbing effect of perfectionism on my life. It is all too easy for me to simply avoid doing something that I haven't done before, rather than fail at it. Even with all my improv training, I am ridiculously attached to getting things right.

And it stops me, all the time, from creating and interacting with the world. So here is a self-acceptance exercise at work...an imperfect post...

Labels: , ,


Comments:
I'm always interested when other gifted adults name their perfectionism. I feel very strongly that the fear of failure has kept me from trying new things, better things, the unknown. Perfectionism, though? I don't understand how I could sit in this messy house, lose my cell phone twice a day, and still claim perfectionism.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?