.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, July 02, 2006

 

Realness

Perhaps it's because I have lived in two societies famous for their rectitude and politeness. Seeing people actually get angry is still a surprising novelty and always makes me very happy. When someone breaks through the social opprobrium attached to showing a real, true, emotional response, I am just totally thrilled for them.

The first time is always the hardest. The first time I do it with a new social group, I'm always wondering, what will the reaction be? I'm often told that I'm just too much, and I don't think it's just because of the gifted piece. I'm sure this happens to lots of people, because of the rarity of real emotional behaviour. What is the big deal about being who we really are?

I wish we could create a society that allowed everyone to just let it all hang out. On some level, I think we already have. People are rarely jailed for expressing themselves. Yet the old restrictions and conventions remain. Let's fight them with realness!

Technorati tags:

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?