.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, October 27, 2005

 

Money Conundrum

With the help of my wonderful coach, and Success Team, and Buddy, I've come to realize that the gremlin I most need to deal with at this stage in my business is Money.

It's really hard to uncover your own gremlin, especially if you have the kind of brain that is excellent at rationalizing things away. The Coaches Training Institute uses the concept of gremlins to talk about shadow beliefs that we hold which in turn hold us back. Once I've rooted out one of them, though, I love the technique of personifying it and then banishing it!

Money's a sneaky-type gremlin for me that's been around for a long time. It gained strength from my parents' totally different perspectives on Money, what it was for, and what it could do. Neither of their perspectives is comfortable for me. I got a big boost from Morgana's philosophy about treating money as I would treat a person - making my life a great place for money to hang out, rather than yelling at it for being too late and a dollar short! Now, I welcome Money, give it interesting and important work to do, and we have a lot of fun together!

Yet there's still a part of me that is terrified of having no money, and no ability to get it. According to a friend in the gifted world, becoming destitute and/or insane are the top two fears of gifted people. Rationally I know this is never going to happen, but emotionally the fear is still there. I'm getting annoyed with it because it's stopping me from enjoying the rich creative experience of building a business. Any suggestions gratefully accepted!

Technorati tags:

Comments:
I once read in an online entrepreneur newsletter that people seeking to increase cashflow should make a list (unbiased brainstorming) of at least 20 things they could do to earn money. Allow yourself to be creative and don't censor. You just never know what you might come up with.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?