.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

 

Meeting Meeting Meeting

It's amazing how we who have so much technology at our fingertips still need to set up face-to-face meetings. If I have anything that needs discussion or input or sales skills, that's the way I prefer to operate, at least the first time I work with a new contact. It's the fastest way to establish a connection - once the relationship has been established, somehow it's easier.

Anyway I've recently become part of a success team of other coaches who are learning about the business of being a coach through doing it. It's really valuable to have people cheering for me and giving me great feedback on my website and telling me what's not working. I love this strategy and give kudos to Barbara Sher for coming up with this idea. Resistance to change is inevitable but with the momentum of a group behind me I'm way more effective. She had some fabulous strategies for evading our gremlins that I use in my coaching.

Anyway all this meeting means I need a haircut! Gotta care about how I look which doesn't come naturally, but it's part of business. I do most of my work in sweats, which is one of the great joys of working at home. Long live small business!

Technorati tags:

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?