.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, August 25, 2005

 

Universality

This is a nice little word meaning existing everywhere; when therapists use it they are usually talking about one of the benefits of group therapy, namely "Jeepers! I'm not the only person in the world who thinks/behaves/feels like this!" I had a universality experience today reading about storytelling in a declining language. A teller was trying to translate a story into English but found that there weren't any English words to describe some of the integral concepts. Yes! There *are* things other people can't find the words for too! Yay!

And yet not yay, because this means I'm going to have to figure this out by myself, and I was hoping to stand on someone's shoulders. Well, there's a huge contribution to humanity just begging to be made! How thrilling. Let's get started. Errr....

Technorati tags:

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?