.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

 

Speechless

Finally realized with my few remaining brain cells and major space-shifting from my mentor why I love stories so much. I've known for a long time that I have a bad case of narrative greed, and all the reading I've been doing on Jung makes complete sense in this context. My brain is trying to make connections with all of its possible resources, and it seems that since the very beginning we have been hard-wired to use stories to understand our world. I now think that we cannot grow without a foundation, some kind of a dynamic system, and that resonance is found only in others or in a living story.

Ever since I lifted up my head a few hours after birth to get a look at the world, I've been desperately trying to make sense of it. This has led to all kinds of inquiry, spiritual, social, intellectual, philosophical, and paeleoanthropological. Good stories encompass all of these disciplines, and many more. I don't know how to describe these things in words - English is my first and best language, and I've never met an experience I couldn't codify with it before. It's a fascinating challenge to try and write about something I literally have no words for.

Technorati tags:

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?