.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, July 16, 2005

 

Gifted-bashing

Some days, things just seem harder. I read another book about depression in children and adolescents and they didn't even mention high IQ as a possible cause. Not a single word about it.
As GBS said, "Indifference is the essence of inhumanity." Perhaps society simply can't accept that people are different. That would fit with the reduction of benefits for the mentally disabled. To me, being fair and treating everyone equally are not the same thing.

What can I do? Write, blog, complain, speak up, speak out, do my work, run my business, be myself. Respond reasonably to the same criticisms over and over again, and not lose faith that my perceptions are valuable and necessary. Remember all the kids who don't think they have a right to a voice, and all the adults who are playing the game because that's the only way they know how to survive in this society. And keep on showing up.

Technorati tags:

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?