.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, July 24, 2005

 

A fear revisited

I've realized that I have a little shadow belief that as soon as I stick my neck out I will be shot down by the media or the establishment or some nameless enemy. This is exciting because now I can talk back to the little gremlin and forge ahead. Fear is the mind killer. All I need is a helmet and a bulletproof vest and I'll be fine. As Goethe said "Boldness has genius, power and magic in it."

I don't think of myself as a timid person, and doubt that I would be characterized as such by anyone who knows me. Yet I still have so many ghosts! I pluck them out one by one, hold them up to the light, and see the spark of wisdom they offer. Thanking them, I lay them aside, for there is much to do before I have time to listen to their circular ramblings again.

Technorati tags:

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?